#TyingTuesday: Faux Bucktail Baitfish
This Baitfish Fly Pattern Simply Gets the Job Done!
Quick and easy to tie with a realistic Baitfish Head profile and high durability thanks to the Faux Bucktail body material, this simple streamer is a trusty go-to fly pattern.
- Head: Fish-Skull Baitfish Head
- Hook: Streamer size #2 or #1
- Thread: White
- Body & Wing: Fish-Skull Faux Bucktail
- Flash: Flashabou, silver
- Eyes: Surface Seducer Dragon Eyes
- Cover hook shank with thread wraps.
- Tie in white Faux Bucktail about 2x the hook shank length for the belly, leaving room at the hook eye to slide the Baitfish Head on later.
- Tie in a few strands of flash and trim to same length as the Faux Bucktail.
- Tie in Faux Bucktail of the same length for the top wing. Tie off your thread and whip finish. Apply a coating of super glue to the thread head.
- Fit the Baitfish Head over the eye of the hook and position firmly in place.
- Re-attach your tying thread in front of the Baitfish Head and tie a small thread dam between the Baitfish Head and the eye of the hook. Tie off.
- Place the Dragon Eyes in the eye sockets and apply super glue or UV finish to hold them in place.
- Go catch a big fish!
Comments on this post (1)
Thanks for the new materials and simple fly.
— ron busche