Fly tying: Kris Keller's 3 Pack Shaker
From a single hook to a triple-articulated beast...
Loads of movement, loads of kick – Kris Keller's 3 Pack Shaker is one killer streamer pattern.
- Hook: TMC 5263 #2
- Tail: Hareline Strung Marabou Blood Quills
- Body: Hareline UV Polar Chenille
- Shank: Fish-Skull Articulated Shank
- Complex Twist Body: Hareline UV Polar Chenille, Krystal Pearl Chenille, Schlappen 5-7", finish with Ice Dub
- Hook: Gamakatsu SP11-3L3H 2/0
- "Tail": Feather-Craft Arctic Fox Fur
- Complex Twist Body: Hareline UV Polar Chenille, Krystal Pearl Chenille, Schlappen 5-7", finish with Feather-Craft Arctic Fox Fur
- Head: Fish-Skull Baitfish Head, large
- Eyes: Fish-Skull Living Eyes, 6 mm
About Brian Wise:
Brian Wise is a fly fishing guide in extreme southern Missouri. His mainstays are the wild rainbow trout and large predatory brown trout of the North Fork of the White River, but he is also a self-proclaimed smallmouth junkie and loves the seasonal striper fishing as well. He's been the head guide at River of Life Farm for over a decade and has been featured in print such as Southern Living Magazine, Outdoor Life, Fly Fisherman, Field and Stream, Rural Missouri Magazine, on television shows such as NBC’s Today Show, Outdoor Channel’s Ultimate Outdoors, several appearances on Outdoor Channel Outfitters, and is a Field Producer for Chasing Waters on the Pursuit Channel. He was a 2007 qualifier for the coveted Best of the West distance casting competition and won the Bennett Springs distance casting competition with a whopping cast of 106 feet. When Brian isn’t guiding, he is fishing with his two sons. His fly tying and fly fishing videos are quickly making their way to the top of the list, and the Fly Fishing the Ozarks Youtube Channel is the fastest growing channel in the fly fishing genre.
Comments on this post (1)
I’m an accomplished tier of over 25 years. You never stop learning about this sport! I might be behind on some techniques. But I loved the way you combined the 2 chenilles and the schapplen and spun it like a a rope! Awesome! Especially for bigger flies! Rock On! OC